Food, Beverage and Restaurants
Olson Brooksby serves clients throughout the hospitality industry, including:
- Retail stores
- Catering services
- Concession service companies
- Bars and taverns
Our experience in this area includes:
- Defense of a restaurant chain involving an allegedly serious accident that occurred while a patron was dining.
- Defense of franchisees in slip and fall, trip and fall, and premises liability cases, as well as cases involving alleged injuries that occurred during the consumption of food and “foreign object” cases.
- Defense of a local bar owner in a liquor liability case involving serious injuries.
- Defense of a global stadium food and beverage provider in a liquor liability wrongful death case.
We assist our clients in all aspects of the hospitality industry, including selection of insurance limits and negotiation of insurance contracts; issues involving employees; handbook and policy drafting; trainings concerning best practices and protocol; contract drafting and negotiations; regulatory and compliance advice; and assistance with food safety issues.
We have worked with enough restaurant and other hospitality owners to know how difficult it is to run these businesses. We’ve seen a lot of them fail. The ones who survive engage in and invest in preventative measures and best practices early on and contact their lawyers before a lawsuit is filed. As any business owner knows, prevention is always far less expensive than litigation.