Representation of Injured Persons
We serve clients throughout Oregon and Washington who have been injured. Our clients choose Olson Brooksby because our lawyers handle your case every step of the way, from intake to settlement or trial. Our clients do not get handed off to a receptionist or a legal assistant at any time. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with the service they deserve by giving them our personal attention throughout the case. Olson Brooksby is a boutique firm that provides big firm level experience and capabilities. Our lawyers started their careers at a large regional firm in downtown Portland. We have tried cases in both state and federal courts, and our opponents know that, which provides us leverage in settlement negotiations.
If you have been injured, please contact us as soon as possible. The law provides strict deadlines for filing personal injury, insurance, and wrongful death claims. Some claims, particularly claims against public bodies, often involve deadlines of only 180 days.
We provide free consultations, and assist you with the process of determining whether to file a lawsuit.
Regardless of the kind of case you have, we will go to court if necessary to get you the fair trial you deserve.
Experience and Accomplishments:
- While representing a woman who was severely injured by falling down stairs at a restaurant, Kristin Olson requested documents regarding other falls at the restaurant, but the restaurant claimed that there were no documents. Months later, with no explanation, the restaurant produced documents that showed, among other things, that the restaurant knew that a different patron fell down the same stairs and necessitated a trip to the emergency room just days before Kristin's client fell. They also showed that, days before Kristin's client fell, a manager of the restaurant drew lines on the stairs to make them more visible, but the owner ordered that the markings be removed. As a result of the failure to produce the documents for over six months after they were requested, Kristin won a motion for sanctions and an award of $3,290 in attorney fees to be paid by the restaurant and its attorneys to Kristin's client. Johnpoll v. Brix Tavern, LLC, Multnomah County Case No. 17CV33824 (June 1, 2018). This case was eventually successfully resolved via settlement.
- Represented a woman who tore her rotator cuff in an automobile accident. Within days of filing the lawsuit, Kristin Olson negotiated a settlement for the full amount of the insurance company's policy limits.
- Represented a man who was hit at an intersection while driving his motorcycle. Without filing a lawsuit, Kristin Olson negotiated a settlement with the at-fault driver for the full amount of her insurance company's policy limits. Kristin then successfully argued that the at-fault driver was underinsured and obtained the full policy limits from her own client's insurance company.
Our practice includes cases regarding:
- Wrongful death and catastrophic injury
- Product liability and defective products
- Sexual abuse, including civil claims brought by victims of sex trafficking
- Civil claims brought by crime victims
- Assault and battery
- Automobile accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Elder abuse and nursing home negligence
- Child injuries
- Dog bites
- Burn injuries
- Brain injuries
- Trucking accidents
- Construction accidents
Shareholder Kristin Olson chairs our practice on behalf of injured individuals. Kristin tried her first case to a jury during her service at the King County District Attorney's office in Seattle, Washington. Kristin has experience advocating for crime victims, and can provide advice on whether to pursue a civil case against perpetrators of crimes. If you have been the victim of a crime, it is important to contact a civil attorney so that you can quickly determine if you have a civil case due to the statutes of limitations that may apply.
We are committed to representing our clients with compassion and we have the tenacity to see your case through to jury trial, if necessary. We prepare our cases as if they will go to trial, which properly positions us to negotiate with companies who know that we can, and do, try cases.
We take most of our cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only get our attorney fees if we recover money for you. Our case load is small, so our clients get the attention that they deserve.
Whether your case is settled or tried, you can count on us to see you through even the most contentious lawsuit.